Saturday 6 July 2013

Goal of the Week...Lace Knitting Blocks


Like most people, I find that life can “get in the way” with things we would rather be doing or things we would like to be getting on with. This time of the year for me is always a tricky one. I work in the school and there is only 2 and a half weeks before the end of term. I say “only” like it isn't that long now. However, I have so much to do that it is bound to feel much, much longer than 2 and a half weeks.

I'm determined not to make that an excuse for doing the things I love. Its too easy for me to sit there with lots of ideas spinning around my head and have none of them materialise. This can often be the case, especially as it gets closer and closer to the end of the school year, I grow more tired and less motivated. I tend to live day by day at this point. It would be better if I slept well, but its difficult with so much racing around the mind.

Some of my ideas I thought I might share with you. I have some stashes of some lovely yarn the other half bought me back in March for my birthday. Yes, you heard that right...back in March. I even have the knitting pattern for one stash of yarn and know exactly what I want to do with it. The other stash I was a little less clear. Its a cream with brown flecks. The idea being it was more neutral and therefore would be easier to wear with a wider range of my work clothes.

This leads me to another issue...work clothes. I hate my work wardrobe. I don't know how I allowed this to happen. Why would I have clothes in my wardrobe that I feel are underwhelming and dull? I really need to rectify this. Work is a chore at times and why should what I wear reflect this? That needs to change. Do other people make distinctions between their normal clothes and their work clothes?

So I need to make the cream and brown yarn something more inspiring and not just for “work”. I have decided it needs to reflect more of me, my personality, have some umphhhh about it!!! So I'm looking at lace patterns for that yarn. A challenge yes...so am I up to?  I'm going to use this lovely box of cards...you can get it from here
Lace Knitting by Andrea Tung


My goal for this week is produce three knitted blocks of lace to see which would be suitable for the yarn. There it is. Published for you all to read and kick me later if I don't achieve this goal. You have my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment